Posts were slow over the holidays, and as fun as it was, I’m happy to report our lives are slowly returning to normal!
That being said, I’d like to thank Momma M at Your Average Momma for recently nominating me for a Liebster Award!
Confession- I didn’t know what this was! I took German in high school and college so I recognized the verb “lieben” as meaning “to love”. After a little research I learned that the Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers. It is usually given to newer bloggers as a way to welcome them to the community!
These are the requirements for accepting the Liebster Award:
1. Display the award and link to the blogger/blog that nominated you
2. Respond to the 11 questions you were asked.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs with less than 200 followers and inform them of their nominations.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
What do you like most about blogging
I like being able to help families with young children! Parenting is tough, so if I can help someone by sharing my knowledge and experience as an early intervention speech-language pathologist, I want to do it!
What do you like least
It’s difficult to multi-task while blogging! Sometimes I feel like i need a scribe so I’d be able to blog while I clean the bathrooms, drive to the grocery store, or whatever 😂
If you could describe yourself in 3 words what would they be?
Christian, encouraging, and adaptable
What is your favorite book?
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
If you could wake up in a different country, what country would it be?
the British Virgin Isles (I think this is technically a territory but close enough, right?)
What is your favorite quote?
“Be Young, be foolish, but be happy”
What is your favorite season?
Summer! I will always be a beach girl at heart!
If you could visit someone from the past who would it be?
My Grandma. I would love to sit down with her, have a turkey sandwich with pepper, and ask her a million questions!
What quality do you appreciate most in people?
Positivity. I think it’s easy to pick out problems but it takes real effort to see potential in situations
What are 3 things you cannot live without?
A warm blanket like this one
My canister vacuum! Sad but true- I am the cleaning crew at our house yall!
Almond butter! I love the Justin’s single serve for on-the-go!
Which one of your blog posts is your favorite?
Toddler Speech Delays Strategy 3…simply because it works!
11 facts about me
1. I was raised by my wonderful grandmother
2. I’ve done Pilates since I was 16, and it’s one of my favorite past times
3. I married my college sweetheart
4. I make green smoothies for our family every weekday morning
5. I can “sing” “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” in American Sign Language
6. I left the hospital a day early when we had Van (with our doctors’ permission)
7. When I was 8 years old my dad killed my mom in our driveway
8. I love purple sweet potatoes, especially the ones from our farmer’s market!
9. I worked as an SLP in a skilled nursing facility for about 2 years before having Van so I could get maternity leave, but continued doing early intervention on the side
10. I listen to a nutritional podcast
11. Breakfast is my favorite meal and we do breakfast for dinner at least once a week at our house!
11 questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is something you’re proud of?
3. What is something you want your readers to know about you?
4. What is something that makes you happy?
5. What is one of your quirks?
6. What’s a product that you love?
7. What’s something you do to gain more followers/readers?
8. What does your average weekday look like?
9. What is something fun you’d like to do this year?
10. Name 3 hobbies or interests you have outside of blogging.
11. What is something that motivates you?
Thats it for now! Hoping to get back more regular posts now that the holiday craziness has passed!